Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It is snowy and cold today. The skies are dark and the roads are slushy, yuck. We are going to Las Vegas for Sophie's blessing on February 2 so I am starting the count down. Even if it is cold and wet in Las Vegas I won't be driving to work or dealing with rush hour traffic. I am so excited to meet little Sophie and to see Anika and Syndey together.

Anika and Sydney were born one day apart - Anika on December 31 and Sydney on January 1. It is so much fun to see the girls side by side. I hope they grown up to be close, even though they live 600 miles apart.

The last time we were able to visit Eric and Cathy in Vegas was in October of 2007. Cathy took these pictures of the girls and created this cute scrapbook page


It will be fun to take some new photos of the girls.

I love visiting Eric and Cathy. We have so much fun together. Cathy pulls out all the stops and bakes every kind of sweet she thinks I might like - she is an excellent baker. When we stay with them she leaves a little box of Charleston Chew candy on the bedside table! And we always take little shopping trips together, we don't spend a lot of money but we have a good time. Cathy is a great mom and I always feel so relaxed when I visit her home. She has everything under control and just seems to make things work. Eric is a blast also, he is the funniest guy I know. And I get his humor which makes me feel smart. He is throwing a Superbowl party during the weekend we'll be there so I'm sure this visit will be a riot.

Todd and Erica are going to be attending the weekend festivities as well. I can not even begin to explain how excited I am for this mini vacation. We are going to have such a good time - the laughs will be non-stop, the food will be incredible, and I am betting I won't want the weekend to end!

I hate to wish the days away but January 31 can't get here soon enough!

1 comment:

Erica Roberts said...

I am excited as you are for Vegas. I was so excited to hear that you all were coming. Now if we can find somewhere that has "THE LADDER" then it will truly be interesting!!