Monday, January 26, 2009

5 days. Seriously, the longest 5 days of my life. I think I am into the 28th hour of this day...and it is only Monday! I need to be in Las Vegas right now.

Cathy had photos taken of Sophie in her blessing gown and I cried while looking at them. She is a beautiful baby. I am looking so forward to meeting her.

Tony and Megan have a perfectly gorgeous new baby girl also! Paityn Rae was born on January 23. I haven't met her yet but I received a lovely picture. I think it is fair to say that Megan has wanted a baby girl since she was old enough to know what a baby is. Congrats to her and Tony - and to Colton, Braxton, Landon, and TJ - the luckiest older brothers around. That little girl will be a princess for the rest of her life.

All these new babies make me think of my mom. She was such a proud Grandma and I can't help but think she is preparing these new babes for their turn on Earth. That sounds so sappy but if you knew my mom you'd understand. Every new baby was a treasure and she loved and doted on each and every one. Even when she was in immense pain she would whisper and coo at the babies and it was a sincere smile that came to her face when they acknowledged her. We say "mom would have been so proud" but I think it is more accurate to say "mom is so proud".

1 comment:

Erica Roberts said...

Do you know it is going to be in the mid to high 60 in Vegas!!! I am so excited!!! This week will drag on..........