Monday, January 12, 2009

18 days to Vegas...

We are in the process of remodeling our home - again. Or should I say still? I don't know. Doug bought this house before we were married and he did an excellent job of fixing it up. Then he got married and his new wife demanded all kinds of changes. Poor guy had no idea what he was in for! I say "we" when I talk about these projects but I have had very little to do with any of the actual work. Doug has done everything and he has not complained a bit.

I am fairly certain we are going to die in this house so I hope we can make it as close to perfect as possible. Doug, my jack of all trades, has not come after me with a hammer yet so I am assuming he is okay with all of my plans! My house will be the "Winchester Mansion" of Taylorsville. I should start leaving time capsules in each wall we open up.

Last year we created a new access point for our basement and turned an unused area into a family room. Now we are closing off the back stairs and creating a pantry in the kitchen. We were able to open up the back entryway and still have enough space for a nice storage area. We are so close to having storage in our kitchen! How great will it be to not make a trip to the basement before every meal? Wahoo!

Doug has been cruising through this project, it seems to be going well. We hope to be finished by the end of the month - before the trip to Vegas!

No comments: